Here’s the pertinent page offered without commentary:
Florida Polytechnic University – Creation Legislation
Senate Higher Education Appropriations Conforming Bill 2012
• Creates the Florida Polytechnic University in statute. The new university is completely independent and autonomous. All laws governing a university will apply, including establishment of a board of trustees and a president.
• Requires Florida Polytechnic University to meet the milestones in the Board of Governor’s motion by December 31, 2016.
• Requires the University of South Florida (USF) to allow current USF Polytechnic students to complete their degree at USF.
• Transfers real and personal property, licenses and associated revenues, existing contracts, unexpended balances, appropriations, allocations, and other funds of USF Polytechnic to Florida Polytechnic University.
• Requires USF to retain the current faculty and staff.
• Allows Florida Polytechnic University to decide on faculty and staff for the new institution.
• Requires USF to transfer Polytechnic-related foundation funds to a new Florida Polytechnic University foundation.
• Cancels all memorandums of understanding between USF and USF Polytechnic upon this act becoming law.
• Authorizes a university board of trustees to expend reserve or carry-forward balances from prior year operational and programmatic appropriations for legislatively approved fixed capital outlay projects authorized for the establishment of a new campus.
• Requires Florida Polytechnic University to transfer space at the Lakeland joint-use facility to Polk State College as new space becomes available on the new campus of Florida Polytechnic University.
• Authorizes the University of Florida to serve in an advisory/consulting capacity to the new university on certain issues.
• Creates the Florida Polytechnic Institute, a linkage institute that includes the Florida Polytechnic University and Valencia College.
• Corrects cross reference
[box type=”shadow”]Note: A “conforming bill” usually provides language on how the legislature wants budget money to be spent[/box]