…12And we finally wrap up this year on Lakeland Local. Will someone next December please remind me to do a top ten list? Thanks.
• You might notice that we’re proud when our little operation breaks a story locally. It’s a little thing, but it makes up for the really lousy pay. We let you know the Thunderbolts are skipping next season, the Flying Tigers are getting a new manager, the new Dixieland street signs, A Question For Republican Presidential Candidates, Lessons Learned in Lakeland Schools, the chutzpah of the Lakeland Chamber of Commerce, Lakeland Drug Distributor Sanctioned.
• We wondered why the Ledger didn’t delve in deeper into the Scott Lake Elementary principal’s past. We found some information that led to a few questions.
• The Hollywood Librarian had it’s Southern Florida premier at USF Lakeland
• We found some fun information in the Citrus and Chemical S-4.
• We discussed the Evolution of News as the evolution story broke. By the way, I really liked Heidi’s comment on that post. I think she’s right.
• We commented on the Dangerous Weapons that many call “photos.”
• The comments about biking in Lakeland was a good example of bloggers adding to each other’s work.
• We hated the fact it was beginning to look like Christmas before Thanksgiving.
• We looked into how much water Florida Southern plans to use on the Waterdome.
• Based on an article by Lorrie Delk Walker we put up the Lakeland Free Wifi map.
And, finally, we had the crazy idea to present a review of the more important, or more fun, articles presented on Lakeland Local in 2007. We promise a much shorter review next year.
Have a great 2008!