7 8 9We’re at the halfway mark reviewing Lakeland Local in 2007 and I do believe we packed most of the news into the first half of the year…
• It’s apparent that CSX is the story of the year in Lakeland. We reviewed a letter the company sent here. we even revieed the letter sent by the Lakeland Chamber of Commerce here. There was also a report on CSX Wages and not what they said, but how they said it.
• The Downtown Lakeland Partnership held their first big rally against the rail hub in August.
• We wrote about tax rates. Sure, that kept everyone on the edge of their seats.
• There was a podcast. On taxes. On Lakeland Local. Seriously, a podcast.
• We also got caught up in the Bill Henry story.
• We championed the new green bags at Publix.
• We also published a little insider information on USF Lakeland’s new library.
• If you ever wondered when those ______ Ledger rants started…it was here.
OK, three more months to go…