I realized the monthly reviews seemed to be day-by-day reviews. So, for the rest of the year, three months per review article. First up…
4April in Lakeland…better than Paris, Texas
• The CSX Hub story blew up in April. Imagine that. It had been in the news for a year and then it took off.
• We featured our first annual Frances Langford article.
• The Top Ten Crash Locations were a hit.
• Ever wondered how long it takes a train to pass an intersection. We figured it out.
• A monument to the Confederate Army Veterans was dedicated in Roselawn Cemetery.
5May 2007 in Lakeland Local
• We introduced the Lakeland Neighborhood Boundaries Map
• For Lakeland resident Ken Peck, the message was coffee
6June 2007 in Lakeland Local
• We had the first article on Puerto Rican Chamber of Commerce of Polk County and that the Florida Southern College campus was added to the World Monuments Fund 100 Most Endangered Sites list.
• We profiled Lakeland artist Richard Pearson.