Here’s a bunch I missed while I was out:
• Greenguy gets the chance to visit Florida Southern and take pics.
• Kacee Hanscom’s mother speaks to WTSP. Ms Hanscom wants all rail crossings to lock the full road width. “She says her daughter probably became conditioned like many others do to try to beat it.”
• Jim Gouvellis is named publisher of the Lake Wales News and Associate Publisher of the Polk County Democrat.
• Sheriff Grady Judd offers gold stars to Myspace teens.
• Billy Townsend’s article on wait times at the Wabash rail crossing deserves a close reading. It probably will take more than 74 seconds to read it though.
• Ocala officials looking to start a similar facility will tour Lakeland’s Talbot House.
• “The blaring sounds of the rock band U2 are an unusual way to start worship, but the U2charist service at the recent Florida Annual Conference Event did feature the band’s music and was anything but usual for a conference event.” — Florida Conference rocks on with U2charist, Expression ’07.
• Chicago Tribune writer Stevenson Swanson’s article on Florida Southern and Frank Lloyd Wright ran Sunday in the Buffalo News.