I’m again unexpectatly not in Lakeland, but I was able to spend the afternoon at home — Joker Marchant Stadium. My daughter and I got to watch the Tigers versus some players in Yankee uniforms. I learned a few lessons:
• If you get there early there is no better place to park than the church at the corner of Granada Street and Lakeland Hills Blvd.
• Be careful of the really good seats. It seems some of those who can afford those seats still have to work during the game. At least that was true of the two New York attorneys behind us. One spent two solid innings on his cell phone telling his secretary how to handle various letters and cases. The other took over for at least an inning after his partner was done.
• Be very careful of the temptation of ESPN. The game today was televised, and we recorded it. That made it very easy to decide after the seventh inning stretch — when all the major league starters had long since hit the showers — to get out of the sun and watch the game on TV. We got home and rewound to when we left. We got to see a foul ball land in the exact seats we’d vacated. To the father and son from Philadelphia who sat next to us at the game, “Good catch!”
• Not related to the game, but because I’m seeing Lakeland Local on another PC, I see I need to redesign the home page. I didn’t reralize how the maps were obscured by the middle column. Please click item titles to see the full page story. At least, until I get back home to fix the design.
• Being out of town again means, the Red Light Camera story will continue next week.